- ENTRY: No purchase or donor registration necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter using one or more of the following methods:
- Share the user’s “one word” reason for supporting organ, eye, and tissue donation in a post (photo or text) publicly* on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and using the hashtag #In1Word.
- Tag The Living Legacy Foundation in a post sharing the user’s “one word” reason for registering as a donor on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and using the hashtag #In1Word.
Each user may share multiple posts from Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, but only one entry per user per site will be counted.
*Please note that all submissions must be shared publicly on social media. The LLF is not responsible for any submissions not entered due to privacy settings on the post, photo, or the entrant’s social media page. It is not the responsibility of The LLF to ensure that posts are populated onto Tagboard for contest submission.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to residents of the United States, over the age of 13. Employees of The Living Legacy Foundation, the Chris Klug Foundation, Donate Life Maryland, and any other organizations that partner for the campaign (along with its contractors, affiliates, and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible to win the grand prize. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void are encouraged to participate in the contest, but may not win any prizes. Each user may share multiple posts from each social media site, but only one entry per user per site will be counted.
- WINNER SELECTION: The winning Submission will be selected at random and announced on May 8th, 2017 on the www.in1word.org website and on The LLF’s social media pages. Winner selection is final.
- PRIZES: The winner will receive a grand prize pack of a GoPro, iPad, and other items from The Living Legacy Foundation, the Chris Klug Foundation, and other campaign partners.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The grand prize winner will be notified via social media within 2 days after the determination date. If the winner is ineligible, or unable to be contacted within 14 days of notification, disqualification may occur and an alternate winner may be selected.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Participants hereby grant The LLF a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant The LLF the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
- The LLF is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The LLF. The LLF reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, OR TWITTER: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and release these sites from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to The LLF and not to the aforementioned businesses, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The LLF in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The LLF is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected submissions or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The LLF may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The LLF from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.